My Muse

My Muse

Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Own Grand Array

It's a tough life picking up signals from outer space!!! We did our 3am visit to the backyard the other night. I used the snap lead we have. It's perfect for that furkid that likes to pull. It's made with a heavy bungy inside a sleeve and when he pulls it stretches then corrects.

Fergus ran out the door with Sam in hot pursuit. That also means that I, being attached at the other end of the lead, am also in hot pursuit. The lead was working in reverse...he ran I snapped forward. The trusty flashlight was now pointing to outerspace as we ran over everystone and toy in the yard. We finally stopped. Fergus reported back that no critters or tresspassers were in the yard. Sammy did what he needed to do then sat. Sighing I stared at the full moon and thought about the positive aspects of being out at now 3:20am...the stars were beautiful, the moon was directly overhead and as I looked down at my Grand Array Sam..he was yawning.

He will go back to being a Lab next week!!!!

1 comment:

Judy McHugh said...

Sheila, I just came across this painting and its story. I love it. I'm so glad you made it through the yard in one piece. Beautiful painting. Judy