My Muse

My Muse

Saturday, June 6, 2009

2009 Belmont Entry to The Virtual pARTy

Linda Shantz and Kim Santini http://the-virtual-party.blogspot.com/ asked other artists to join in their Belmont pARTy. One image, different interpretations. The photo was taken by Juliet Harrison http://www.julietrharrisonphotography.com/.

I have always loved horses and actually think that Labs resemble them at times. In my mind anyway. That burst of energy, the deliberation, even the hesitations. Why didn't I paint the heads? When I watch a horse run I m captivated by their muscles, the grace in how they move. Just an indication of a nose was all I needed in this piece. Thanks for looking. Sheila

This is my interpretation. oil painted on 20" x 7.5" gessoed masonite.
$295.00




2 comments:

Ray and the Gang said...

It is so easy to paint a horse in the middle of the canvas. It takes talent to paint the horse off the canvas.

Sheila Wedegis said...

Thank you Ray and Gang :-0 ) I appreciate your comment. I had fun painting it,