My Muse

My Muse

Monday, July 6, 2009

Sammy, Nose Surgeon

Just a quick morning story. Sammy our youngest has defineite quirks. He takes pots and pans from the stove, the sink and brings them to his bed.
He then collects forks, knives and spoons to add to this collection. Let me add, cast iron pans are no problem for this boy. He is a determined chef.
A few weeks ago he started a new "hobby" . Nose reconstruction. He and Sophie were in front of me and I know he told her to reconstruct my nose as she laughed and her tooth went into me. Two days of headaches accompanied that. "Not good enough" Sam said.
Yesterday I actualy got to float in our pool. I threw the ball for awhile first so the kids could play then went about my resting. What I didn't realize that there was a tennis ball floating along with me, to my left, like a shark.
It happened quickly. I heard toenails on the pool edge. If it had been Fergus he would have pushed, arched and made a 10 landing on the other side of me. As you see above, Sammy flings himself into the pool and somewhere between the launch and the splashdown his "knee" met my nose and we both landed in the water.
I was groaning and muttering "oh no not again" as Roger slept and floated by me. (That's a totally different story) LOL.
I recovered and forgot about it til later I could not get rid of the horrid headache behind my eyes. I thought I needed coffee so I had two cups and yes I was awake til two am..then remembered the impact when I looked into the mirror and saw the swelling.
I know I was never meant to look like Christie Brinkley but now I'm wondering do I have the largest nose in the world that Labs can't get around? If I walk out back will a frog land on it? Will I have to Limbo past the orange tree? Or maybe my association and feeling like a Lab, a.k.a LabraSheila...I'll be looking for the black tip to start showing soon.

No comments: