My Muse

My Muse

Friday, August 28, 2009

New fun Print

So the latest thing is to make prints using foam trays. Yes, the kind you get when you get fruit, or meat. Who knew?? You use a pencil, seems the best, the other sharp instruments ripped the foam. Then using a water based ink, I used acrylic paint on this one, you make your image. Since I do Labs that is what I tried. Marking your paper helps you do multiple colors on your print.

So..this is my first foam print!! More to come, a little larger when I get larger trays. The image is floated on a 7" x 5" dark blue suede mat and can be easily framed.
$25.00




2 comments:

L.Holm said...

How do you do this?? Does the pencil make a raised surface on the opposite side of the tray that you then 'ink' ? Great result!

Sheila Wedegis said...

Hi Liz,
No the try is thick. You do the pencil on top and it leaves the indentation. You put the ink right on that. Very fun!!!