My Muse

My Muse

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Story of the Flying Painting


Well if you have been on my web site you know I have this as SOLD but offer Giclee's. It's Comfortable Love. The center painting for alot of my shows.
About a year ago maybe I did an outdoor dog show where other vendors/artists were showing their work. Friends that I went with were also showing in this event.
The day was so slow it was almost unbearable but we smiled and had fun amoung ourselves. Then the wind came. Out of no where, ah Florida, it hit the 40 x40 painting and the whole display started to fall. My friends say I went into slow motion leaping for the painting, I tripped over something and now was airborne. Comfortable Love and me!! The canvas hit the corner of my painting box and put a "T" shapped cut in the canvas, I landed on top of the whole display with knees and arms scrapped... Needless to say we packed up the truck and headed home, only to find I had Red oil paint on my hand and it got on my firends seats. (He did get it off) They also re-enacted the slow-mo event quite often after that since they never saw anyone and a huge painting in air before!! LOL.
I couldn't even look at the painting til a few days ago. My husband Roger has found he has serious heart damage plus blockage and will be having stints put in. I know he will be fine but if by any chance he has to leave his job I'm the breadwinner. I'm trained in Art so I need to be more business like. (Oh no I have to get organized..LOL..a Pisces with ADHD..LOL..)
I'm listing this piece, 40 " X 40" for $1200.00 or best offer on Ebay. If you are intersted in this painting please email me or search for sophie316 on ebay. It is oil on Gallerywrap and offered way below the original price. I will concider any offer. Free shipping for anything over $600.00.
Thank you...and Prayers will be accepted also. Warmly, Sheila sophie@palm-spirit.com

No comments: