My Muse

My Muse

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our First Painting For Lab Rescue 2010

SOLD..Thank you!
"I Love You" is the first painting for Lab Rescue for 2010. I started it thinking it would be painted Alla Prima, in one sitting but there were so many nuances I wanted to bring out, especially that look in the puppies eyes. This painting is oil on 6" x 6" x 1" stretched canvas. To purchase please go to http://savingalabaday.blogspot.com 20% will go to benefit Rudy's Rescue in NY.
Thanks, Sheila

3 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

Wonderful paintings! Congratulations on the sale!


http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

DJ said...

Wow...What a sweet moment caught on canvas.
Do you always work from photos, or do you capture the dogs in paint while sleeping/playing/etc?
I love your colors and your brushstrokes.
Your style captures the energy of the breed, which so many animal portraitists can't do, unfortunately.

Sheila Wedegis said...

Thank you!! I do both. Photos help me capture the moment but I also sketch my three Labs if they are sleeping. I do commission work from people's photos. Thanks for asking.