My Muse

My Muse

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Masters Series "Everything Always Looks Better With A Lab In It." #1

SOLD

A Collector and friend recently said, "Why don't you do more of the Master Series with Labs in them?" She had purchased Monet's haystacks with a Lab walking across the fields a few years ago. So I thought, hmm, that was fun to do then it would be fun now. I always think why wouldn't the Masters have Labs.? They painted Plein Air, in fields, near water, ponds and rivers..perfect for a Lab!


Todays piece is called "After the Meal" It was originally painted by the Impressionist, Pierre Bonnard, known for his incredible color and interiors. The first print of this piece was made I believe in 1927 and the name was then changed to "La Table" I'm sure the Lab is saying.."After the meal?? I think mine is just beginning!"


This painting is 8" x 8" x 1" on stretched canvas.
$224.00




No comments: