My Muse

My Muse

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Painting With Pierre


SOLD
So I spent the afternoon painting with Pierre Bonnard. This is "The Open Window" I found so many variations of color in the photos of this pice I went with what felt right. I was excited because it felt we were working together, Pierre and I, similar strokes and painting pure color for accent. When I got to when I'd paint the Lab I started with my way then stopped. How would Pierre have painted the Lab. So I used his colors, his style and this is how it turned out. I'm very pleased because that would have been his Lab on location with him. I'm sure the little cat is asking if there was some way of getting the Lab to jump out the window. :-)

This piece is painted in oils on 14" x 11" x 1" stretched canvas.

Thanks for dropping by. Sheila


$425.00 free shipping




No comments: