My Muse

My Muse

Sunday, October 31, 2010

LABRADOR RETRIEVER WATERCOLOR ART BY SHEILA WEDEGIS

So...the results of the MRI are...torn Meniscus and a tear in my ACL.  I had been playing tooss with a football with my grandson so I guess you could say "football injury".

I have been doing alot of sitting with my leg up and watercolors have been a wonderful way to continue my artwork.  I call it backwards thinking from oils.  In painting with oil paint, you put your highlights on last.  Not so with watercolor. You need to plan almost every move.

This piece is image size 14 1/2" x 7 1/2" on 300lb cold press watercolor paper by Fabriano.  I will be matting it, maybe a double mat.  It just brings the piece out so nicely. The finished size will be 20 x 13.  If you would like me to frame it also I would be happy to do that just adding a bit extra for that.

I hope you enjoy my journey into watercolor. I'd love to hear from you!
PS, wanted to add the origianl has warmer tones. It's so difficult some times to get the correct color in photography. At least mine. :-) when I'm the photographer!

$275.00




4 comments:

Miriam M. Hughes said...

I love this painting. In particular I like how it looks rich and chocolaty without looking the least bit muddy the way watercolors tend to do. You are truly and amazingly good artist!

Karen Garner said...

Hi,
I just discovered your site by accident last week and love all the paintings you have done. Especially the Spirit of the Lab book, living with a two year old Black Lab called Bodie you see so much of his spirit in your work. It will be lovely to see your pieces materialize and maybe I can see one winging its way to the UK soon.
Love Karen x

Sheila Wedegis said...

Thank you Miriam. I appreciate your kind comments!

Sheila Wedegis said...

Karen,
Thank you so much!!! I'm thrilled you found us...please give Brodie a huge hug and nose kiss from Sophie, Fergus,Sammy and me.
xoxo