My Muse

My Muse

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

LABRADOR RETRIEVER WATERCOLOR ART BY SHEILA WEDEGIS

SOLD
When someone heard the other day I was doing watercolors they said, "Wow, you do it all!"
I thought about the statement.  While attending art school in Boston I studied watercolors as a tool for eventually going into the illustration field.  As a class we would parade around Boston Gardens painting the Swan boats, the bridge, the sky line.  People would stop to see what we were painting looking and squinting, asking.."where is that???"   That usually had us now parading to Filene's basement for the sales or over to Charles Street to get donuts.  

Oils I learned from doing.

The key to be a well rounded artist is drawing skills. The bones of all artwork.  Drawing was an every day event at school.  For the first year we did line and shading, ceramic casts, light and shadows.  That was then added to all day figure drawing.  I remember thinking we'd never learn color or painting but now I see the importance of "seeing" with the strength of knowing how to get a strong base drawing.

This watercolor with goauche is 8 3/8" x 8 3/8"  on 300lb Fabriano watercolor paper.
I will be double matting it.  There is such a light and liquid feeling to this painting. 

$230.00 with double Mat plus H&S



No comments: