My Muse

My Muse

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

LABRADOR RETRIEVER WATERCOLOR ART BY SHEILA WEDEGIS

Not For Sale

A long time friend, patron sent me a few photos of her Labs playing in the water.  I was to do a graphite drawing for her but as I was looking at it and my journey into watercolors, I decided to surprise her with a watercolor instead.

I love how the piece came out and tommorrow when my watercolor paper is delivered I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I recreate the scene in some form. I believe it's a tad lighter but on my screen it seems dark.

More Labs in water, their home away from home, tomorrow. Please come back and check them out. 

2 comments:

Izze's Art said...

Sheila, your watercolors are absolutely beautiful! I have so enjoyed seeing them everyday. Happy painting. Hope the knee gets better, I have about the same injury. Riding my bike does help.
Take care.
Cathi

Sheila Wedegis said...

Thanks Cathi!!! I appreciate your comment. and about the bike!!! It will be perfetc weather here too to ride.