My Muse

My Muse

Saturday, January 8, 2011

LABRADOR RETRIEVER ART BY SHEILA WEDEGIS OIL IN PROGRESS

I have so many "to-do's" on my plate but I'm taking a few days to play and work on this painting. ( I do have the to-do's in stages though).  When I first saw the photo of these two Labs I had to paint it.  They live in Scotland and do promo work for the Scotland Lab rescue.  The hunters were out that day and at the crack of the rifle they both turned.  
As the days go by I'll post the continuing process.  
I studied drawing 24/7 when I attended art school so now I draw every line from sight. (Yes there are cheating techniques when in a hurry) but I tend to stay with what I know.  You will see scrub marks where I changed a line or two or more. The yellow Lab just wants to take over the canvas. :-)  I will glaze his color on after my base drys.  Tomorrow I will start the black Lab highlights.

The size is 28" x 22"  oil on stretched canvas. It will be for purchase when finished and half the price will go to the Scotland Lab Rescue.  
Thanks for coming by!

Sheila M.Wedegis Palm Bay, Florida
sophie@palm-spirit.com
http://www.labradorretrieverart.com
http://www.zazzle.com/swedegisart*   2011 Calendar now available!


 

2 comments:

Kathryn Magendie said...

After receiving my amazing breathtaking Art with Heart book for Cherie Stannard, and enjoying it cover to cover, I want to stop by and thank the artists who contributed. Thank you.
---

Love Labs - we have what we think may be a Blockhead Lab...

Sheila Wedegis said...

Thank you Kathryn. How kind of you to leave a message for the artists . Very appreciated.

I bet you have an English Lab. They are usually the block head, a little bit bulkier and shorter. We have the American Lab. Tall, thin, lanky.

As you know though they are all hysterical and the most wonderful of dogs.!!