My Muse

My Muse

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

LABRADOR RETRIEVER ARTIST SHEILA WEDEGIS WATERCOLOR CHAIRS

I have been going through things in the garage studio, throwing out and moving important stuff into my new home studio.  A box I had not opened since we moved here from N.H. in 1999, oh scary, I found this watercolor in a plastic bag safe and sound.  I knew the box had mat board and pastel paper but this was a real find.

In 1989, I was recently separated and living close to the edge in a large house with my two children and a crazy dog ,Doogan.  Each weekend we would have yard sales, well I had them, the kids were embarrassed.
The folding chairs looked like they were doing a dance so I took oodles of photos and started painting away. Oils, and this watercolor.

2011, my children are successful business people and I a thriving artist living the dream in a warmer climate. And Doogan, he's waiting for us at the Bridge along with our wonder cat then, Merlin. He really was magical.

This painting is on 140LB watercolor paper and the image measures  22" x 22" .(Notice I loved the square format even back then!) It will be matted with a 6" mat all around making the entire piece about 34" x 34"

Since I was on my own I painted it under my maiden name, Farrell. There are quite a few pieces out there that are Farrell's.  It is signed and dated.

$325.00 plus $10.00 S&H  Matted with acid free backing.   Thanks for coming by. Warmly, Sheila





1 comment:

Miriam M. Hughes said...

I love the painting and the story!