My Muse

My Muse

Friday, July 13, 2012

SOPHIE UPDATE


First, thank you to all the people who have commented on the last post for Strength. It has worked. Sophie's vet called me tonight to confirm that indeed, Soph has malignant melanoma in the back of her mouth.  To his best knowledge it hasn't gone into her lymph nodes. A positive.  Best case, 6 months, or..2.

The shock has finally started to leave and my caring instincts taking over as they did with our Chocolate Fergus last year. Another positive, it's not effecting her brain so she knows us unlike Fergus. I'll be able to take Sophie with me to my studio daily so she and I can just be together.

You wonder sometime as your pets start to get older, how will it end. Now I know. I think in knowing, even though my heart aches, I can give my all to her and never question was there anything else I could have done.

Please keep the positive thoughts for strength coming. I know there will be many days I will need it.

Warmly, Sheila

5 comments:

Lou Belcher said...

Longer than you thought...never long enough. I'm surrounding you with caring thoughts. You and Sophie will make it through. Love to you, Roger and Sophie.

Cathi Isza said...

Thank you for the update Sheila, as I know even typing the words make it unbearable. We, all your friends near and far, and Emma and I are sending you hugs, love compassion and empathy. I've been there as many of us and I understand too. Love you all and sending prayers. xoxo

Sharon Whitley said...

I've been there too with Tay - he was a black lab and it broke my heart - I know that you will cherish this time with her which is a tiny blessing during an unbearable time - you can make the most of every minute, my thoughts and prayers are with you xx

Susan Kennicott said...

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am an artist moving to your area. During our trip down last month our son called and said our lab was not acting right and not eating. I got home in time only to say goodbye. They are such family and our comfort is the memories and love we shared. My thoughts are with you.
Susan

Sheila Wedegis said...

Thank you all!! Soph is hanging in there and right now laying across the bedroom door entrance so I don't forget to take her to the studio today. lol

Susan, so sorry for your loss. Please contact me when you settle down here.

Warmly, Sheila