My Muse

My Muse

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A New Day And A New Painting..From The Zoo


About two years ago we visited this zoo in SC and I took a cazillion photos of every animal there. One day in our class I brought in the photo reference of this guy but no one was really excited to do the painting. I thought it would be a great way to work on  dark areas with a great high lit subject.

So today I decided to paint it and see what the outcome would be. Ha!! Fun painting!  11" x 14" oil on canvas.  Framed..$475.00  Shipping included. Contact me!

The start of a new Zoo series ...this could be fun.

Update from yesterday, my friend's Lab came through surgery just fine and all looks good!!! I so needed good news today.  It started a little weepy, probably from overload, but hearing good news helped. Ok...so a small trip to our favorite thrift shop helped too!!!

Have a great evening....I am taking a two day workshop this weekend so I'll do a show and tell come Sunday evening!!!

Warmly, Sheila

No comments: