My Muse

My Muse

Monday, November 5, 2012

RETRO WEEK CELEBRATING 12 YEARS OF LAB ART





 What is Retro Week you ask?? Well, I was going through all my past photos of Lab art and thought I would do a retrospective book celebrating the years from 1999 to 2012.  What fun to see the growth, or change in my work.  In the early years, after I stopped traveling to out door shows, I started to show my work on eBay. I swallowed my pride, and decided to price my art low to get new clients. Starting out at $25.00 or $35.00, I sold regularly and found I not only sold my art but got long lasting friends from it even to this day.

 So now my prices are higher, work a bit different, but there was a wonderfulness in the early art that I suddenly saw might be missing. The freedom of the strokes...Lord I struggled...Now with the experience I fly. I loved playing today with the color and light.  So today is Black Labs...tomorrow Chocolate then Yellow the next.  I did these quickly this morning and found myself smiling.  So I may have two weeks of Retro Celebration just because it makes me happy!!!!

They are all original, Golden Open acrylics unless stated otherwise. If you don't get one and love it ask and I'll repaint. Just for you!!

So,,,here goes...Day 1.


8" x 10" Acrylic on stretched canvas. Painted on all sides and all set to hang.  $35.00 plus $5.00 shipping



8" x 10" Acrylic on stretched canvas. Painted on all sides.  $35.00 plus $5.00 Shipping



My first attempt at Ink,Watercolor and colored pencil on arches watercolor board. 9" x 9"
.
$30.00 plus $5.00 shipping


SOLD
5" x 7" Acrylic on stretched canvas. The Spirit of The Lab!! I had painted more of this type back then and did a fun book of about 15 paintings. Can't you just feel the movement?!
                                                     
                                                        $25.00 plus $5.00 shipping



Thanks for stopping by...see more tomorrow!! Warmly, Sheila

No comments: