My Muse

My Muse

Friday, December 21, 2012

THE END OF THE WORLD AS I KNOW IT

Auspicious title don't you say Sheila?  I suppose, but let me tell you why I say it.

  December 21, 2012, the end of the Mayan calendar and Doomsday has been the conversation in the news for the past year.  Some people believed it and prepared. Others wrote about the ascension of our consciousness. That's the path that I seemed to feel more strongly about and read more about that.

  So, as you may know, the year ended last year as we lost our Chocolate boy Fergus to cancer then this year our sweet cat Blue. June brought the horrid news that my beloved Sophie too had cancer and I was loosing her. Our financed were being stretched but I kept going, painting and wishing.  On Sept 11, Sophie went to the Bridge and no mater how I tried I couldn't seem to get out of my down hill spiral. My Grand Cherokee needed a new water pump, then new tires.  Every time it seemed I parked at my studio a new nail was sucked into the treads.  Then of course, bills, insurances and end of year expenses to keep afloat kept coming in..  This all accumulated in a sinus infection that wouldn't quit.

   I need to stop grieving, I needed to get positive.  During the year I found a book about Gratitude. I wrote things that I was grateful for down in a book and life started to turn but then as I do, stopped because it was allot of work. Too much concentration.

  Christmas approaching I started to get that depression once more.  I picked up the book and started to re read. Hmm.  As I drive to the studio this past Wednesday,  I said out loud,  "I am so thankful and grateful to be seeing that beautiful water".  I drive adjacent to the inter-coastal waterway and  for the rest of the 15 minute drive I continued talking out loud and saying all that I was thankful for!  Ok, this is where my world starts ending.  That afternoon I received a request for a commission. I was thrilled. Thursday morning I drove again bright and early repeating my gratitude's aloud all the way. I was feeling good.  Painting non stop til the piece was down and actually shipped it to the person and I was happy again.  Said a quick gratitude for that and at 6:30 pm got a call from our vets office saying that someone had dropped off two Labrador Retriever collectible plates. They felt they had no room for them and the first person they thought of was me and would I like them. YES!  (and they are gorgeous) One is a Black and Chocolate Lab sitting together. Perfect. Gratitude.  Then, about an hour later a loud bang on the door, UPS dropping packages.  Two I expected but not the heavy third package. To my complete surprise, friends and long time Collectors, sent me a case of wine from their local winery in Missouri.  Gratitude and total surprise.

  Has it ended? The call from my last commission telling me it was fantastic made my year and off I went today to get my hair official done in a salon! Many gratitude's spoken aloud on the way. I got home feeling happy about my new do and that the world really didn't end and opened the mail box to find a package from Scotland!!




   My friend and also a Collector, Elaine, made this beautiful Rosette Ribbon in memory of Sophie.  Pink was Soph's color and the Tartan is perfect since I love Scotland.  I am so very very touched. I so want to actually wear it it so beautiful!!!!

   I then started to think how wonderful I was feeling and so blessed and thought, AHA..that's what it all means. It IS the end of one world and the beginning of a beautiful new one!! There is so much magic in the air right now and I am looking forward to a wonderful prosperous New Year with my family, my Labs, my friends and my artwork. What more could I ask for this Christmas!!

   Wishing you all the same Magic and all the same Blessings!!!! (And I think the key is saying them out loud. When I write my mind drifts..hahaha!!!)

   Warmly, Sheila

3 comments:

Lou Belcher said...

What a wonderful post. It's a perfect one for today. We're still here and the have turned a corner for sure.

Beautiful ribbon. Love it!!

Miriam M. Hughes Dog Trainer and Canine Artist said...

Wonderful post. Last year was trying for you and you have worked hard to turn it around! I am very happy for you. Love, miriam

Sheila Wedegis said...

Thank you Lou and Miriam!!! I appreciate your comments. Let's all have a wonderful new year!!!
Love, Sheila