My Muse

My Muse

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

IN PROGRESS LAB LEAPING INTO WATER SHEILA WEDEGIS ART


  Day 2 on this painting with so much more going on in life. Holy cow.  Today I concentrated on building up the layers of paint. I use Neo Meglip as a medium. It is similar to what the Masters used in years gone by.

I know you see a Chocolate Lab but instead of just brown I use a combination of Alizerin Crimson (sort of maroon), Pthalo Blue, then Burnt Sienna. (brown)  This gives me a deep purple tone in which I gradually add the Burnt Sienna. Then my highlights are made from adding white to this combo.  Some Chocolates have orange and yellows in them.

So this is where I ended today on this piece. Tomorrow is a teaching day, so I won't be able to work on it. :-(  See you on Thursday!!!

1 comment:

Misaki @ misadventuresofMisaki said...

Its amazing to see how this is coming together, looking so good:-)