My Muse

My Muse

Friday, April 5, 2013

LABRADOR RETRIEVER ART OIL ON COPPER SHEILA WEDEGIS


   Yes, you are correct, you have seen this image before but not this painting. I have been following an artist that paints on copper panels. Susan Renee Lammers.  I'll send you to her  BLOG on Why Paint On Copper. She explains it so well and it's informative.

 I had my doubts about painting on copper, thinking it would bend, tarnish etc, but as I started working today I have fallen in love.  I felt such energy in working as the Masters had centuries ago.  Ideas flowed today as I worked preparing the copper. As you can see the copper is actually glowing under the paint.

Looking through my images from my Scotland trip a few years ago I am excited to create paintings, and yes, with Labs.  I may even have to stay up all night the excitement is so great!!

This painting is 6" x 12" oil on copper panel, mounted on acid free backing and framed.

$350.00 S&H included


Warmly, Sheila

2 comments:

GizmoGeodog said...

How different! I can hear your excitement about this new medium...you sound really inspired and that's got to be a great feeling

Sheila Wedegis said...

I LOVE it. Such energy from the copper and the oils slip and slide.