My Muse

My Muse

Monday, June 24, 2013

SMALL SWEET PORTRAITS FOR THE HOLIDAYS SHEILA WEDEGIS ART



 Thinking of the Holidays as I am doing small gifts for friends in Scotland! Shhhh.  (we are leaving for the Highlands July 11)

Michaels has these small wood frames, simple, with an opening of  3.75" x 3.75" . I thought ,how sweet!!  Since I have fallen in love with copper I did this small portrait and placed it in the frame. For this one I washed a silver acrylic on the wood then added copper foil.  My next one though will be black with the foil. I love the drama of it!

So I thought, how fun to do small miniatures for gifts for you! Each framed portrait would be $125.00 with free postage. The frame may have more foil but will always enhance the portrait. The copper oil is lightly coated with a Galkyd coat that protects the painting. The gloss looks lovely!

If you would like to order yours please contact me at MY EMAIL

I know I paint dogs. all breeds but I can do any animal!   Thanks for stopping, warmly, Sheila

No comments: