My Muse

My Muse

Monday, July 29, 2013

OIL ON COPPER COWS OF SCOTLAND SHEILA WEDEGIS ART

"Midsummer Day"

Oil on Copper 
13" x 17" 

I so hope this shows up as bright as it is.  The day was hot for Scotland and we went to a friends Croft house. Outside the stone dyke stood this family staring back at me.  The babies were so nonchalant but Mum had her eyes right on me.  As I started to paint this I knew I wanted the copper to play an important role to show the heat. I went from adding definite fields and grasses to toning it all down. I was in a place of true simplicity. The croft house, the loch in front with the hills across rolling upward and the cows. A perfect moment.

I will be framing this in a soft gold plein air frame. And of course, shipping included. 

$1,215.00



Please feel free to contact me to find out about installment plans

1 comment:

savedbydogs said...

I love the rosy glow to this :-)