My Muse

My Muse

Friday, May 2, 2014

WORKING ON A TRAVEL BLOG SHEILA WEDEGIS ART


I think it's bit boring not to have a photo up of something don't you? This is an 8" x 10" of an old soul. I went to a friends house to plein air, (painting outdoors) last year and she made the most incredible lunch. I told her I'd paint her dog. Hopefully if the weather doesn't act up I'll be seeing her this coming Tuesday so I can give her this.

So, The travel blog.  My friend and studio mate, Lou  and I tried to think of names and domains for my travel blog. Rolling brushes was one and I tell you we laughed until tears came. Finally we came up with "Living The Artists Dream" . It will be about Roger and my art and photography and of course stories about our travels in the Rv living with 2 Labradors and a Newfie/

How is it going? Allot faster if I'd get my butt in gear and shovel the house out. Man, the stuff we hold onto.  Did I really need to save every piece of paper from 6 years ago selling on Ebay? Shredder here we come.

Then the decision of what to buy.  We have a budget. We are looking at older RV's since they are broken in and hopefully have their kinks out of them but then again, hopefully not ready to fall apart!

 We did see one a few weekends ago. Ok, brand new. Only, (Hahaha) 149,000.00. I fell in love. It was a Fleetwood Excursion 35b. You so need to google it just to see the layout inside.  Perfect color flooring for dogs , a breakfast bar with stools for me and my laptop or coffee, comfy couch, a real refrigerator great bedroom and, the thing I totally loved, a little window in the front door for one of the dogs to look out of. Or for Roger to see if he's running over anyone!  Oh MR. Fleetwood, for Christmas I would really LOVE one of these..Christmas in July. sigh.

Now you know our budget isn't there. sigh.  We will find the perfect RV just for us!!

We are spying a 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor which I have already said we'd name "The Shuttle" . If it's meant to be it will still be available after I unload all the cr..I mean the good household stuff.

We are looking at systems for purifying water if we were by a river. Also compost toilets and solar power. Our plan is to boondock when we can. That's being in a place with no electricity or sewer, lets say desert!! You want to be self contained . I am excited!!!

Wow, allot of words today!!!  So as soon as I get the travel blog up and running I'll keep posting here to give you updates. It's getting closer!

Warmly, Sheila

No comments: